Highway work north of Cloverdale begins Sept. 2
The project will begin with left lane and median shoulder closures on northbound and southbound U.S. 101 between the U.S. 101/State Route 128 Interchange and the Sonoma County/Mendocino County line.
- Lane closures will continue for about two weeks, beginning Tuesday night, Sept. 2.
- One lane will remain open in each direction.
- Motorists should expect travel delay and allow additional time to reach their destination.
Following the drainage installation, southbound U.S. 101 will be paved between the Sonoma County/Mendocino County line and the U.S. 101/State Route 128 Interchange
- Work will continue until the end of September.
- There will be various lane closures during this night work.
- Lane closures and work will be announced as soon as the work is scheduled.
- If this work is delayed due to weather conditions, it will be rescheduled for a later time.
Motorists are asked to drive cautiously through the construction zone and leave a safe traveling distance between their vehicle and the vehicle ahead of them.
Please remember to Slow for the Cone Zone. The California Highway Patrol will be on site during these closures.
For more information about Caltrans projects in Sonoma County, visit the webpage at dot.ca.gov/dist4 and click on Sonoma County.