Get help with your taxes
Here are three free options for people needing help filing their Federal and California State tax returns in Cloverdale.
Wednesdays until April 10 – 4:30 p.m. – 6:30 p.m.
Cloverdale Library, 401 N. Cloverdale Blvd. – Sponosored by AARP
No appointment necessary. Individuals seen on a first-come, first-served basis. All ages welcome.
Thursdays until April 11 – 11 a.m to 1:30 p.m.
Cloverdale Senior Center, 311 N. Main Street – Sponsored by AARP
No appointment necessary. Individuals seen on a first-come, first-served basis.
Monday through Friday until April 12 – By appointment
Cloverdale Alliance for Financial Education (CAFÉ) at 129 N. Cloverdale Blvd., Suite 11 – Sponsored by the United Way
Individuals or families in low-to-moderate-income households with earnings up to $50,000 in 2012 can make appointments by calling either 2-1-1 or 800.325.9604.
In all cases, items to bring to the appointment include:
* Photo ID of the person filing the return
* Social Security cards or ITIN for tax payer, spouse and all dependents
* Dates of birth for family members
* Documentation of income:
* W-2 forms for all jobs
* 1099 forms and other income forms (Ex. Self Employment – 1099-Misc; Interest Income – 1099-INT; Unemployment – 1099-G; Social Security)
* Voided check for direct deposit
ü Previous year’s tax return, if available
ü Other documents:
- Name, address and phone number of landlord (if you rent)
- Child care expenses – documentation of expenses plus provider’s name, address, tax ID
- Education expenses – tuition and books; student loan interest
- Medical costs
- Business expenses
- Brokerage statement on any stock sold
- Mortgage and Property Tax information