The List: Citrus Fair carnival rides
These carnival rides will be among the many midway attractions at this year’s Cloverdale Citrus Fair which runs from Feb. 15-18.
* The European 1001 Nachts (Nights). New this year, it’s a “platform ride” that goes completely up and over in a circular fashion, as riders leave their stomachs behind. It replaces the older falling star ride.
* The Zipper cages, holding two passengers each, rise and descend on a tower boom. Each spins independently and the entire boom turns, too.
* A 16-seat Ferris Wheel, with eight front facing cars, offers a thrilling view and a gentle ride around the vertical circle.
* Haywire has 12 seats that spin in two directions at the same time, with each arm of seats spinning independently.
* Spinning at 24 RMP, The Gravitron uses centrifugal force to float passengers off the floor, giving them the feeling of weightlessness.
* The 30-foot Americana-themed Carousel features jumping horses and two chariots.
* The Cyclone has a centrally located steering wheel so passengers can spin the car themselves as the ride goes over seven feet into the air with a 20 degree tilt.
* Riders on the Voyager will board what looks like a spaceship and then step into virtual reality while it rocks them back and forth.
* Mardi Gras features two stories of exciting mirror mazes, moving escalators, music and lights combine for thrills, inside and out – day or night!
* A giant Slide will give kids of any age the thrill of sailing down a long undulating path.
There will also be at least three Family Rides adults and children may ride together.
* Wacky Worm is a two level family roller coaster featuring a brightly painted worm, surrounded by flower cup lights.
* Lolli Swing is a brightly colored ride with 16 swings decorated with large swirl lollipops and lights.
* Shrek features walk through punching bags, a cargo net climb, covered super slide and more.
Discounted pre-sale carnival ride tickets and wrist bands are available at the Citrus Fair office, 1 Citrus Fair Drive, or by calling 894-3992.